Friday, May 25, 2012

this one for you

As I look back on all that's happened
growing up, growing together, changing you, changing me
there were times when we dreamed together, when we laughed and cried together.

As I look back on those days, I realize how much I truly miss you
The past may be gone forever and whatever the future holds,
our today's make the memories of tomorrow.

for all we have meant to each other and for whatever the future may hold.
You know somebody, and they cry for you. They stay awake at night and dream of you.
I bet you never even know they do, but somebody's here is crying for you.

A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it's you and me together forever and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.
For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
Somewhere there is someone that dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile, so when you are lonely remember it’s true, someone somewhere is thinking of you.

I can shed my tears when you’re gone,
or I can smile because you still lived.
I can close my eyes and pray that you’ll come back,
or I can open my eyes and see all your left.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment